Jeriann's Philippine Mission

Sunday, July 23, 2006

70!--God is blowing my mind! :)


I'm excited today! Sunday - the church was filled and overflowing with people; there were 70 in attendance! This is a brand new attendance record. There were so many visitors in the church that I could not get an accurate count. But I do know that 70 people were at service today (including twenty or so children), and I was SO happy! Some of us had to stand because we did not have enough chairs, but once Sunday School for the children started, it was fine because the children sat on the floor. The people here are hungry for more of God; they are longing and searching for something to fill the emptiness and the void in their hearts; they came to the right place on Sunday. Everything they need is in Jesus! I hope that they will continue to go to church and experience God in a way they never have before. God has a great plan for every one of their lives!
Sunday we had our communion service and it was beautiful. God touched all of us in a special way. Thank God for Calvary and the blood that He shed for you and me.

My time here in the Philippines is almost done. I’m only going to be here two more weeks; next Sunday will be my last Sunday in Cebu.
On August 5th I will be leaving Cebu to travel to Manila (on the island of Luzon) to attend a Leadership Conference, I will be there for the remainder of my time in the Philippines then leave on August 14th to go home. I hope that I have been able to let my light shine and that I've accomplished what God intended for me to do in the three months I have been here.
I will never be the same – it has been a life changing experience for me and to God be all the glory.

I hope everyone is doing well. God bless you all~! :)

Sincerely,

--Jeriann

*I am posting a picture of me and most of the young people that were at youth service on Saturday. Sis. Cherel and baby Jeremy are also in the picture. :)*

3 Comments:

  • At 11:49 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Jeriann,

    How beautiful are the works of God!
    Remember - Eph 3:20-21

    20 Now unto him that is able to do exceeding abundantly above all that we ask or think, according to the power that worketh in us,

    21 Unto him be glory in the church by Christ Jesus throughout all ages, world without end. Amen.

    It wouldn't surprise me to hear that you have 100 in attendance this next Sunday.

    God bless you!

    Love,
    Dad

     
  • At 4:20 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    What a great God we have, and what a experience for you and Esther to have had to be a part of His work there in Cebu. The memory is a wonderful thing and I know you both will never forget that you had a part in His work there. I know you will never forget the people and you will be praying for them when you leave.

    God Bless You Both
    Sis Carolyn Taylor

     
  • At 2:26 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Jeriann, It is so exciting to see how God is using you and Esther and I know it has been an experience you will never forget. We are looking forward to having you back home. I'm sure you will have mixed emotions when it is time to leave all the new friends you have met but it won't be long till we see Jesus then we'll all be together forever. We'll help you pray that you will have a 100 next Sunday. May God continue to bless you.
    Sis Sherry Warren

     

Post a Comment

<< Home