Jeriann's Philippine Mission

Thursday, July 13, 2006

We're in the new building!




Well, this past weekend was a good one! It started on Saturday morning when we had Sunday School – it was a great class! It was so much fun; the kids are really learning a lot (besides monkey faces) :). Saturday afternoon, we had our very first service in the new building: youth service! God spoke to and touched everyone; it was beautiful. What a wonderful service! I am really getting attached to these young people; I am going to miss them tremendously when I return home and I will keep them close in my thoughts and prayers! :)

Sunday, we had our first main service in the new building and we started off with a bang! We set a new record; there were 43 in attendance! Thank you, Jesus. There were 15 first time visitors, and several of them were our Sunday School boys. Esther and I had gone into the neighborhood where the kids live and invited them, their families, and neighbors to join us for church. One dad came and brought his three boys (who regularly attend SS); it was exciting! There were many other visitors as well; it was awesome! God touched many hearts on Sunday; undoubtedly everyone could feel the presence of the Lord and were blessed. :)

Today, we went back to the church and had a good time putting curtains on the windows; I even got to sew hems by HAND for the curtains! haha... The church is looking better and better; the curtains were the finishing touch it needed.

I am staying busy and really enjoying myself very much. I have three more Sundays working with the church here in Bogo, and then we will spend a week or so in Manila before returning home. I'm planning on giving the work here everything I’ve got in the time I have left. The time has gone by so quickly; I can't believe I only have a few weeks left. Please pray that God will bless our efforts, and give us great revival in the time we have left here!

Thank you for your support, your prayers, and your wonderful comments you have left here on the Blog. :) God bless you all.

Sincerely,

--Jeriann

*The first picture is of me with the Sunday School kids on Saturday. The second picture is of me and Esther with the young people later that day at youth service. :)*

1 Comments:

  • At 11:58 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    How awsome J being in your new building and hey all those sewing classes have paid off. - Love ya Steph

     

Post a Comment

<< Home